2 Cup Olive Oil
6 each fennel bulbs diced
12 onions, diced
24 shallots, minced
2 cup chopped garlic
¼ cup crushed red pepper
12oz Tomato Paste
4 - #10 Can Diced Tomatos
1 Gallon White Wine
2 Gallon Seafood Stock
12 bay leaves
1 cup fresh tarragon
Note: This recipe yields 4.5 Gallons of sauce. We suggest breaking it down in size by at least a 1/4 depending on the size of your party.
- Sauté fennel, onion, shallots until onions are tender.
- Add Garlic, sauté together about a minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, simmer for 2 hours, reduce by 1/3.
1. In small pan sear your seasoned scallops, fish and shrimp, in olive oil. Set aside.
2. In large sautéed pan add your Cioppino base, and heat over medium high heat to a simmer.
3. Once your cioppino sauce is simmering add your fresh clams, cover and cook until clams are open.
4. Pour your cioppino sauce with clams over your choice of starch, pasta, rice or even veggies! Present your Scallops, shrimp & fish on top of cioppino and garnish.